// *** BEGIN *** Google Analytics Code // *** END *** Google Analytics Code
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

I do transfer but don't get results!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I do transfer but don't get results!

I do transfer but don't get results! 5 years ago #86

• gwilson
I am learning how to do aseptic transfers, and appear to be doing them correctly as the inoculation and contamination lights both turn green after I complete the transfer. I am also incubating them in the correct location for the time required. However, every time I go to look at results, I always get "no results". There is another student who will likely be contacting you as she is having the same problem.

Do you have any ideas for how to resolve the issue?

Re: I do transfer but don't get results! 5 years ago #87

• gwilson
This was my response after a few emails back and forth:

I think you have given us some information that is important for us to know!

During the transfer, you simply move the cursor (loop or other tool) into the mouth of the tube and down into the medium. There are popup notices when the tubes are flamed and when the inoculum is picked up and dropped off in the sterile medium. No need to hold down the left or right mouse button during the transfer.

When I tried a transfer in which I clicked the left mouse button when the tool was in the inoculum medium, it did not pick up the inoculum. I then transferred to the sterile medium and clicked the left mouse button and when done, the stoplights were red for inoculation and green for contamination - as if the test had never been performed. You are not imagining things, though I am not sure why you got two green lights - that doesn't seem possible since a successful transfer is what triggers the inoculation light to go from yellow to green.

SO, we'll work on this. In the meantime, DO NOT CLICK the mouse during the transfer and see if this helps! We will try to make that clear to others who use the software and may have experienced the same issue.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 4.90 seconds

Registered User Login